ABOUT NORTH EAST SKILL CENTRE
North East Skill Centre (NESC) is envisioned to become a premier institute in the field of skill development in Assam. NESC will provide specialised skill development training in the following sectors:
To address the need of a high quality Technical & Vocational Education Training (TVET) in North-East, the North East Skill Centre will be established in collaboration with Institute of Technical Educational Services (ITEES), Singapore. The NESC will be well equipped to address the dynamic needs of industries and support the social and economic growth in the region.
- STATE OF THE ART INFRASTRUCTURE: The North East Skill Centre will have a state of the art infrastructure facility. The skill training centre is opened in a sprawling campus located on the National Highway No. 37. The skill centre will have well equipped domain lab for practical training across the four sectors with necessary equipment and consumables. The campus will have an advanced IT lab with internet connection for the use of the students.
- SECTOR SPECIFIC SCHOOL: NESC will focus on imparting training across four sectors viz. Beauty & Wellness, Hospitality – F&B Service, Hospitality – Housekeeping and Retail Service. The campus will have four sector specific school with both theory and practical classrooms. The sectors for training have been selected after meticulous analysis of the sectoral demand in the country.
- COURSE CURRICULUM: The course curriculum has been designed in collaboration with ITEES, Singapore is set to meet the prevalent international standards. The course curriculum has also been aligned with National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF). The specially designed curriculum will be globally portable which will provide the students with additional advantage of accessing the international job markets.
- TRAINING BY PROFFESSIONALS: The training will be imparted through professionals who have got an extensive knowledge of the industry. The trainers have undergone specialised Train the Trainer Program at Singapore delivered by resource person from ITEES, Singapore.
- INDUSTRIAL COLLABORATION: NESC has collaborated with leading industrial partners to facilitate the training of the students in numerous ways such as guest lectures, industrial visits, on the job training etc. Further, this association with the industry partners can be leveraged upon for placement of the successfully trained candidates.
- INCLUSIVE DEVELOPMENT: NESC will focus on all-inclusive development of the candidates. Along with the domain skills additional classes to develop soft skills and communication skills will also be conducted. Recognizing the need of communication skills at work place special emphasis has been given to develop the same among the students and make them job ready.
COURSES OUTLINE AND INTAKE CAPACITY AT NESC
|COURSES||NO. OF TRAINEES PER CLASS||NO OF BATCHES||TOTAL NO. OF TRAINEES||PROGRAM||DURATION OF COURSE|
|BEAUTY & WELLNESS||20||4||80||Certificate Program||1 Year (1500 hours)|
|FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE||20||6||120||Certificate Program||1 Year (1500 hours)|
|HOSPITALITY - HOUSEKEEPING||20||4||80||Certificate Program||1 Year (1500 hours)|
|RETAIL SERVICE||20||6||120||Certificate Program||1 Year (1500 hours)|
|TOTAL NUMBER OF SEATS||400|
*Admission for the upcoming batch of 400 seats for the above courses Will be carried out from the month of January 2019
COLLABORATION WITH ITEES, SINGAPORE
ITEES, Singapore is the knowledge partner for establishing North East Skill Centre at Guwahati. NESC plans to impart training of international standard with quality assurance and benchmarking. To formalize the collaboration for the establishment of the NESC in Assam, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between ITEES and the Government of Assam in Oct 2016 witnessed by both Prime Ministers of Singapore and India. ITEES, Singapore will support NESC by providing technical assistance on:
- NESC Campus Design and Building Works
- Design of Facilities in NESC
- Procurement of Training Equipment and Commissioning of Workshops
- Curriculum Design and Development
- Training of the Trainers
- Training of Centre Management Staff
- Training, Supervision
WHY ITEES, SINGAPORE?
The Institute of Technical Education (ITE) was established as a post- secondary institution in 1992 under the Ministry of Education (MOE), Singapore. ITE is the principal provider of career technical education in Singapore at the technician or semi-professional level, and the principal authority for national occupational skills certification and standards. ITE is guided by its current five-year roadmap, the ITE innovate (2010-2014), to propel ITE to be A Global Leader for Innovations in Technical Education. ITE takes pride in its unique brand of college Education that is based on a holistic “Hands-on, Minds-on, Hearts-on”<
“Hands-on” training to equip ITE students with the required skills-set for employment.
“Minds-on” learning to develop them into independent thinking and flexible practitioners, equipped to manage rapid changes in the environment.
“Hearts-on” learning to develop “complete” ITE students, who have the passion for what they do, self-belief and care for the community and society.
Through the internationally-recognized DACUM (Developing A Curriculum) process, ITE ensures that its candidates are equipped with skills needed by Industry. NESC has adopted all the best practices offered by ITE, Singapore through MOU for technical assistance